PiVAL Expedite team moves loads across Canada and the United States specializing in Expedited and Dedicated delivery.
Expedite means that we are on standby at all times (24/7) waiting for clients to call in urgent shipments. Dedicated means that there is a set schedule everyday.
PiVAL is looking for Full-Time Owner Operators.
What are we looking for?
Owner Operators should be able to start from within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) but start area can extend to South-Western Ontario and Eastern Ontario/Greater Montreal Area (GMA).
Drivers will often be assigned loads going to locations within the United States.
- Transporting cargo to and from specified locations as instructed by company dispatchers;
- Strategically planning travel routes to ensure that all deliveries are completed in a timely manner;
- Reviewing dispatchers’ instructions before deliveries to prevent any errors or miscommunications;
- Performing inspections of the vehicle before and after each delivery to ensure that it is mechanically sound;
- Promptly informing management of any mechanical issues that render the vehicle used unroadworthy;
- Maintaining a logbook (if applicable) with an accurate account of the number of hours worked, rest periods, and mileage covered.;
- Submitting cargo documents to customers and obtaining customer signatures to confirm receipt of the correct cargo;
- Notifying dispatch of any damaged cargo;
- Supervising the safe loading and unloading of cargo;
- Available On-Call, 24/7.
- Must be over the age of 21 years old;
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug Screening (for cross-border drivers);
- Must be Fully Vaccinated for Covid-19;
- Have a valid driving license;
- Legal Status in Canada;
- A passport allowing entry into the United States or a valid Visa (Fast Card an Asset);
- Basic English;
- At least 2 years of verifiable commercial driving experience.
- Vehicle Requirements:
- Sprinter Van
- Straight Trucks
- Tractor Trailer
What is in it for you?
- Guaranteed monthly income;
- Paid per mile;
- All permits, plates, tolls and border crossing fees are paid;
- Competitive Market Rates;
- Customs Transponder is provided and paid;
- Weekly direct deposit payments;
- Fleet insurance program with low rates.