SCOPE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the President, the Vice President, Operations, you will have a clear mandate to provide leadership to the warehousing and customer service departments. Primary responsibilities will include leading Pival’s growth by driving financial performance, organizational strategy; develop policies and processes within your departments.
- Develop, monitor and meet budgets determined with finance and the OM’s.
- Manage and ensure compliance with all budgetary goals, consistently looking for opportunities to improve sales and profits with the OM’s and Executive Team.
- Quickly identify key business issues and develop solutions.
- Manage and set customer specific KPI’s including inventory control, on time shipments.
- Establish performance metrics and goals for the positions you manage including but not limited to H&S, customer service, budgetary, security, housekeeping and inventory control.
- Establish training protocols, detailed job descriptions, back up training for all key positions and succession planning for interested candidates.
- Ensure best practices are being used in each operation.
- Work with Director, IT to ensure a smooth, well organized use of all IT platforms.
- Effectively communicate systems enhancements that will assist with quality and efficiency throughout the company.
- KPI maintenance.
- Getting products from receipt into inventory, allocated, picked, scheduled, invoiced on time in high quality to the customer and/or consumer.
- All customer needs are met and client is highly satisfied.
- Establish and maintain honest relationship with customers.
- Regularly review and discuss customer needs in an effort to improve efficiency and expand the business opportunities.
- Utilize Lean methods gain efficiencies by regularly reviewing layouts and product put-away based on changes in the business.
- Establish standard KPI’s to produce a daily President’s Dashboard.
- Work closely with VP People and Culture to roll out Operation Excellence in improve service quality and employee engagement.
- Other duty assigned.
- Minimum 10 Years of relevant experience (Warehousing, Logistics supply chain).
- Education: Bachelor Degree in a related fied.
- Percentage of travel: 10 – 20%
- Bottom line results driven through practical operations, process improvement, leadership skills and sound people development skills.
- Pro-active, hardworking and committed.
- Ability to be a strategic thinker, balanced by willingness to get involved in the details or delegate when necessary.
- Comfort level with systems and tools, but not necessarily be a true “systems person”.
- Strong knowledge of ERPs, and the interest and ability to transfer this knowledge to others.
- Has the managerial courage to question colleagues on important issues.
- Executive presence and credibility. Ability to influence and command respect is essential.
- A logical, analytical mind.
- Leadership skills that drive performance through the development and motivation of people.
- Ability to manage through adversity.
- Autonomous, self-initiated leader with solid decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Team player that is capable of contributing to the total organization.