Reporting to the VP Sales & Marketing, this individual will plan and carry out all sales activities on targeted accounts, industries, or areas. This individual will work primarily at the “C” level on targeted accounts with a goal of generating $5 million of new business per year, and is responsible for orchestrating customer satisfaction by managing quality of service delivery.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
- Generate and qualify internal and external leads,
- Source and develop client referrals,
- Prepare sales action plans and strategies,
- Schedule sales activity,
- Develop and maintain a customer pipeline,
- Make direct sales calls to new and existing clients,
- Manage the sales cycle from pipeline development to close,
- Maintain customer relationships,
- Increase customer base,
- Negotiate with clients,
- Develop sales proposals & presentations,
- Present clients with rate increase notifications and facilitate implementation of such,
- Maintain sales activity records in CRM (Pipedrive) and prepare sales reports,
- Respond to sales inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person,
- Participate in sales events, and tradeshows
- Monitor competitors, market conditions, and product development,
- Assist in creating and increasing our value proposition (increase reasons for customer to use us).
- Monitor service levels and assist with remedy when appropriate.
- Resolve customer concerns, generate customer specific reports based on clients requirements
- Prepare RFQ’s as required.
- Cross-sell all Pival services,
- Collaborate with key PiVAL colleagues to develop customer centric solutions.
- Identify and facilitate process improvement projects to drive efficiency
- 10 years of consultative, solution selling experience in supply chain management including both warehousing and transportation,
- Experience developing 4PL business solutions is an asset.
• Education :
- Post secondary degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Marketing.
- Existing contact/opportunity network that demonstrates his/her ability to generate $5million of business per year.
Competencies & Skills (required & asset):
- Experience developing and presenting presentations,
- Proven ability to achieve sales targets (demonstrable),
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications,
- Strategic thinker,
- Excellent verbal and written communication capability,
- Excellent negotiation skills,
- High degree of self-discipline,