- Responsible for daily operational site costs, scheduling and staff performance in line with client services sold
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Complies with Federal, Provincial, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping procedures by enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts and reconciling with data storage systems
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by regular housekeeping, planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Achieves financial objectives by providing input on an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Maintains all positions by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains all positions reviewing job results and taking corrective actions by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Maintains a safe and clean warehouse environment ensuring all Federal, Provincial and company policies are strictly adhered to.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Aligns with company objectives and goals as determined each year by Sr management
- Implement orientations and attain objectives determined by upper management
- Develop strategic company plans considering all client-related issues and priorities
- Set performance indicators for all levels of the warehouse
- Participate in new customer implementation project
- Supervise, plan, organize, coach and evaluate performance of the core activities of the distribution center
- Identify and capitalize on cost reduction opportunities
- Manage customer and supplier relations, in order to maintain consistent brand image.
- University diploma in administration or pertinent discipline
- Training in employee management & engagement
- Minimum 7 years in a similar position
- Minimum 5 years experience in the logistics and distribution industries
- Experience in a 3PL company
- Recognized leadership and visionary qualities
- Ability to develop effective strategies to assure attainment of goals
- Excellent skills in developing and maintaining harmonious and productive relations with customers, suppliers and employees in a unionized environment
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong computer skills: Outlook and Excel is a must
- Operational KPI Measurement
- P&L Management
- High coaching analytic and synthesis aptitudes