SCOPE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the President, the Director of Information Systems is responsible in creating and leading the company’s strategic technology plan (technical architecture, strategic information systems, products and services, vendor/customer integration) that will support the company’s overall business strategy, vision and mission. Strive to meet client expectations, coordinate communications across disciplines and departments with a focus on quality.
- Prepare and manage IS investment plan and IS budget for the company, and manage IS department in alignment with the company’s strategic goals
- Perform gap analysis for future systems, identify and evaluate solutions and sourcing alternatives; develop high level designs and plans and prepare solution budget estimates and business cases.
- Plans and manages the road map that will deliver the information systems strategic goals
- Collaborate with architecture and operations teams to help ensure solution compatibility with enterprise standards
- Oversee the launch of solutions and help maximize the positive impact within the organization
- Proactively strive to enhance the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of workflow throughout the organization through strong coordination and communication across disciplines and departments
- Manages updates to the company hardware and softwares
- Excellent knowledge of the world class logistics softwares;
- A collaborative, inspiring, emphatic leader
- Passionate & customer focused
- Ability to influence and a change catalyst;
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to work in fast changing environments;
- Availability to travel (20% – 30%)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- MBA in IT Management (asset)
- Scrum Master &/ agile practice lead (asset)
- 7-plus years of relevant experience