To manage fleet & carrier capacity to balance with sales budgets.
Purpose of the Role
Our sales budgets require capacity to be available to operations staff that enables them to fill shipment opportunity that is presented by our customers. Opportunity presents itself in the way of transactional shipments and dedicated (contractual) work. This position is purposed to keep the fleet of owner operators and service partners at an optimal level with sales. Owner operators need to be recruited and timed such as to keep their incomes healthy enough to avoid turnover while have a pipeline ready for new sales opportunity. Service partners need to be optimized by having the appropriate quantity and quality to maximize sales and service. Attrition of fleet and/or service partners should be managed by maintaining good relations with both which includes managing income.
- On the road recruiting of Owner Operators (truck stops, rest stops, parking lots, etc),
- Off road recruiting of Owner Operators (email/phone, advertising, blogging, etc),
- Respond to inquiries,
- Monitor existing fleet utilization and manage optimization by reviewing individual activity and troubleshooting,
- Monitor Owner Operator incomes and troubleshoot imbalances/issues,
- Liaise with fleet to check on them, answer their questions, solve issues,
- Help each Owner Operator to be successful with PiVAL,
- Help to minimize turnover,
- Assist with “on boarding” of new Owner Operators including training and follow up,
- Assist with on-going training of Owner Operators and follow up,
- On site shadowing of new Dedicated operations for start-ups,
- On site quality review of Dedicated applications,
- Manage carrier base. Maximize capacity of outside carriers. Manage rates, relationships, & strategies,
- Keep carrier database updated and optimized,
- Promote the company,
- Backup the Safety, Compliance, & Security Manager,
- Backup other operations positions as required,
- Work closely with the sales group,
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- 2 years previous experience in an operations role within international trucking industry,
- Previous experience in sales or recruiting is an asset,
- Previous experience with a TMS is an asset,
- Previous driving experience is an asset,
- Ability to execute good interpersonal skills,
- Effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills,
- Excellent MS Office software skills,
- Working knowledge of FMCSA, MTO, CBSA, CBP, and DOT regulations,
- Late model vehicle in good mechanical condition.